The ensemble of buildings of the former W. Gurlt telegraph plant can be found in the backyard of Karl-Kunger-Str. 47/48. Built in the year 1900, the area was vacant for over 20 years. A reconstruction transformed it into 15 individual lofts and carriage houses.
Transformation and Utilization
The area has been refurbished carefully since its acquisition in 2010. 15 entities and floor spaces between 150 to 400 m² have been created in total. The object itself has been developed with an assembly group. After reconstruction of the collective property by the Kunstfreunde, every participant was able to plan and conduct the interior finish individually.
The complex is located in Alt-Treptow. Karl-Kunger-Strasse ends at the Landwehrkanal on the border to Kreuzberg. The Schlesische Strasse, with its restaurants, bars, cafés and the famous Badeschiff, is within walking distance.
View larger map
« Back to Blog